I’m Christine Darling, also known as Pentulant, and here are ten things to know about me:
1. I have always had a healthy obsession with pens, paper, and office supplies. I think it started with a love of playing school way back in the 1970’s.
2. My collection of fountain pens began in 1986. You can read about it here.
3. I adore living in the San Francisco Bay Area. It’s as if I was always meant to live here.
4. Mr. Pentulant and I got married in 2013.
5. I have an adult son who lives in New York. He got married (!!) in 2014.
6. We have three dogs. The answer is, “Because we’re crazy.”
7. My work at Brush Dance fits nicely with my healthy obsessions. I love having the opportunity to work with artists every day.
8. I love color and patterns, fonts and typography. Unfortunately, loving these things does not make me an artist.
9. I’m a little bit geeky.
10. I’m a lotta bit pentulant!
pentulant [pen-chu-luhnt] – adjective – Origin 2012: Immodest or wanton in search for all things related to pens. Proper noun: Christine Darling
Pingback: INK SWAB: 3/365 – Private Reserve Black Magic Blue | Pentulant
I hope you’re well! I’ve been reading your blog and thought I’d get in touch, I hope you don’t mind.
I work for Inkly Cards – in case you’re not aware of what we do, our mobile app allows you to send personally handwritten greetings cards and postcards from your mobile device: http://www.inkly.com
So it’s essentially a combination of using traditional methods of handwriting with stationery, but using your mobile device for convenience to send the card out. But still keeping that personal touch!
I wondered if you would be interesting in writing about Inkly Cards at some point on your blog? This Friday (23rd) is National Handwriting Day, which is something we’re supporting here at Inkly – I can send you the press release if it’s of interest.
Anyway, please let me know if this is something you would be interested in, and if you have any questions at all.
I find your tweets simply uplifting in an odd sort of way. Being an aspiring novelist (really, not just like everyone else) I like seeing the simplicity of ink on paper because so much of what I pound out on the computer is whisked so easily away by a highlight and delete. I found you because we share a name, although I married Mr. Weiss in 1997. Can’t be too many Darlings in the world! cheers –
I live in Windsor Ont. Canada and are looking to buy another journal. I have used the ones from Brush Dance for many years now. I am having trouble finding a new one as my journal is almost full. Is there anywhere here in Canada or the United States that I can order one. It has been 33 years since I began using journals. Love your company Brush Strokes. Thanks
Would you sell a bottle of Montblanc Einstein, as an artist I’ve been hunting for this shade of grey for a long time!